Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Capturing Kids Hearts

        This week I am attending Capturing Kids Hearts training. It has been a worth while experience so far. I am half way through the program and I can say that it has really been a WOW experience. Sometimes things come into your life for a reason and God has purposely put this in my life, at this time, to help me. This training has totally changed my outlook on life, on people and most importantly on myself.
        This training is for teachers to use strategies and modeling techniques to teach their students and capture a kids heart in order to have their heads, well it is so much more than that. It is a relationship and personal training. I have learned to ask the questions that I am afraid of, such as "How do you see me?" and "What is standing in the way of our relationship?" And I have received feedback that I will use to motivate myself to become a better person. As our facilitator says, "If you are not growing, you are dying," which made me realize that I do need to keep on growing and learning in order to become the best Angel I can be. I will use criticism to make a change in my life because I don't want to be perceived in a way that I do not agree with.
        I have learned what it takes to become a better listener, better teacher and a better partner. I am ready to use my feedback to be more respectful to my loved ones and how to gain self control. This is all about me making a change for myself. As I was talking to my husband about this training, he said, "Wow, you are really taking this seriously" and I teared up and said, "Of course, God has put this in my life because I have prayed to become a better person and this is my chance to do that." So I am definitely going to make a commitment to thinking about what I am doing, saying and how I am treating others. I highly recommend this training to all teachers and other professionals so that you may learn to grow in all your relationships.
        Remember the most important thing is that no one else can change you but yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a lucky group of kids that are going to have you next year! Making that connection with your students is going to be so helpful and probably going to make a HUGE difference! I've always heard great things about this training...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am attending in July! Thanks for your post! It has made me excited to go!

    ReplyDelete