Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ireland Day 1

We are now officially in Ireland!

Ok here is a recap of how Shawn and I got here and what we did our first day.

Plane ride: We flew from Houston to Chicago, had a 7 hr layover(geez!) and then flew overnight into Dublin arriving at 9:30am Sunday. I guess I'm not a great flyer because I could not get comfortable and didn't sleep. So I was awake for about 21 hrs straight!

Arriving: Once we arrive at our hotel off of O'Connel St. we are not allowed to check in till 2pm! (grr!) don't mess with a sleepy Angel. so we waited in the Lobby because we did not feel refreshed to let Dublin see us yet. My wonderful husband kept asking for our room check in every half hour and we got to check in at 12:30. Now, everyone said do not sleep, or you will not get yourself on the right time schedule, and what do we do, sleep! We didn't wake up until 4:30. but we were rested :)

We got up, refreshed and headed out to see Dublin. We first went to Flannaghan's to have some traditional Irish food. I had roast beef with creamed potatoes (mashed potatoes) and Shawn had an Irish breakfast which included, fried eggs (over easy), chips (French fries), bacon, sausage, and beans! I loved my meal. It was warm in my tummy! Yummy. Shawn did not.

Then we walked around towards Christ church cathedral. Dublin has so many tourists from all over the world and is very busy. Oh yes and you have. To be careful crossing the street, look left! The drivers are on the other side of the street and seat! Now, I am no travel expert so I only say this from my experience but Dublin seems to me kinda like Amsterdam. The atmosphere is quite the same. I enjoy the city. There is so much to do.

After spending some time at the church admiring it's beauty, we head back to the hotel, noticing places we want to check out later, and because everything we tried to go into closed at 7! We rest at hotel again to get ready for our first night out!

After a nap, we are now ready to go to the pubs. We hit up the tourist spot, temple bar and go to Quay's bar. I had my first Guinness and Shawn had his rum and coke. The pub was great, there was a guy with a guitar playing music and a whole lotta people in the pub. It was fun singing along. Then we went to fitzsimmons a pub the hostess said had 4 levels. We walk in, not as packed as pub 1, so we try to go downstairs to the night club, which is €5 per person, so we pay, get Down there and there is only 2 people dancing! So we ended the night there, having a taste from home, McDonald's before bed.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great trip so far...though I must say-no more McDonalds...there are so many good places to eat there!!!!!!!

    Try out the Canal Bank Cafe in Dublin-their hot wings are to die for. They are legit buffalo wings-one of the best I have had. If you arent into those though, their other food is awesome as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. We only ate mcdonalds for a late drunk snack and breakfast. But I agree, we only go to Irish places for good food.

    ReplyDelete