Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Our new journey

Leaving Houston, I have mixed emotions. I'm not crying or sad, I feel like I have let plenty out before this day, and I'm sure it will all come rushing in when I'm sitting in my new home knowing that I can't just drive to my mom's or friend's houses. I'm kinda indifferent right now, but don't get me wrong, I am excited to go and I can't even imagine what is in store for us, but right now it just feels like business. Ok, let's get this packed, this done and that. I'm also not looking forward to that 13 hr plane ride! But as I think about what could happen, I'm trying to motivate myself to make sure I do it all. I've always been the person that will do anything to achieve a goal. sometimes my goals are small, save money to go here, etc, and they have also been grand... Graduate from UT!  I did all those things and I know I can do more. Now, I'm setting my sights on helping, learning, becoming a better woman, a better friend, a better daughter a better wife. I want to enjoy this adventure. I want to help others around the world. I want to gain so much knowledge so that I can bestow it on my children. I am writing this and now they have become my goal. I have to do it. I realize that these have always been my goals but sometimes so many other things happen around you that you lose sight of them. Things get a bit cloudy. And now that I am going to one of the hottest places in the world, where there will be few clouds maybe I will begin to see them clearly.  Hmm, i just realized as I was writing, that those clouds were putting me to work . Those clouds were molding me to accomplish my goals. These goals are also something that isn't finite. I will have to continue molding myself to fit the person I want to be. So here I am, starting my journey not just 9633 miles away but a lifetime in the making.

No comments:

Post a Comment